My name is Jane Wood. Some things you should know about me include:
1. My initials spell JEW – and I am so proud.
2. I was destined to teach children. From the age of five I was teaching my teddy bears and barbie dolls. Mrs. Cox (2nd Grade) and Mrs. Whatley (3rd Grade) were my first concrete inspirations to teach. I think of them often and wish they could know that I am fulfilling my dream. I now teach first grade in Spartanburg, SC. I have the BEST principal, ever. I also work with some of the finest people in the state. They provide me reassurance, support, and fellowship in a world that can be both rewarding and trying.
3. I believe God has a lot more to do with where I am and who surrounds me than I ever could have imagined.
4. I used to be quite the dramatic one… as in, I was constantly involved in dramatic performances growing up. I find this affected my personality quite a bit, lol. :o)
5. My little brother, Paul, lives in Shanghai, China. He does programming and other gaming-related jobs there. I am very, very proud of him. Afterall, he is living the dream – well, his dream, and the dream of many of my six-year-old male students!
6. Growing up as a minister’s daughter really shaped me. I moved a lot. I have moved in some sense at least nine times in my life. This has made me VERY good at jumping-in and meeting people, especially in new situations. However, I find I’m not as successful with long-term friendships (although, there are some wonderful exceptions). I am thankful everyday for the opportunities and experiences my childhood provided me… but I also don’ot plan to move any time soon.
7. I love , love, love those people that I can pick right back up with, no matter how long we’ve been apart.
8. My dog Jack is the cutest, sweetest, and most accepting creature ever.